Sunday, June 8, 2008

woo... hoo?

Well, there it is. The proof I needed that my not-so-useful other half is a total idiot. I told him noooooooooo, this is a bad time, but would he listen?? Of course not! His testosterone filled ego couldn't take another turn down. And on the best of weeks.. I find out his super sperm have struck again. This will be the THIRD time that his Hitler found my Poland.

I'm excited, I really am.. but the timing for all of this is HORRIBLE! I am trying to keep it all together, and be the rock that I have always been in this family, because I am nothing if not sane, and a peacekeeper, and the level headed one.. you may even call me the damper. But sometimes I think that if I wasn't, Brad would float off like a balloon.

So, how do you deal with this kind of shock? A total disruption of the carefully laid plans you have made? You don't. So far, I have misrepesented the truth to all of my family about this because I am fairly certain I know how they'll take it. Not well. At this point, I'm still expecting something to go wrong anyway, I keep getting cramps when I sneeze (and when I don't sneeze) so there could always be nothing to tell them anyway. Besides, I have my girls, and they always understand, and listen, and sympathize when I need them to. My world would be empty without them.

Here's a cheer to Mary.. I think we'll be getting closer in the months to come. Thanks for sharing this ride with me!

Next issue: Sisters and the relationship you have....

1 comments:

Jen said...

Nana was a total surprise baby - I was freaked the hell out - but everything turned out great. I know it's a shock, but you're strong, you can do it!

Congrats again mama!